The Triple-layer Chocolate Raspberry Cake I made for Christmas this year! Gluten free, Soy free, Dairy free, Peanut free, Tree nut free. I did use soy-free eggs, but you could also use egg replacement product instead.
See recipe below:
My favorite cake recipe I’ve made so far:
- Follow directions on cake mix, but instead of all the water called for, use half So Delicious coconut milk (chocolate or vanilla–I use chocolate) and the rest water. I also used a few tablespoons of fresh raspberry juice instead of vanilla extract
For the Raspberry/Coconut frosting:
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 3/4 cup non-dairy buttery spread or “butter of your choice. I used Olivio coconut spread, which goes nicely with the fresh raspberry sauce.
- 2-4 tablespoons of So Delicious coconut milk (sugar free)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh raspberry juice
- Mix together, add more coconut milk or raspberry juice if the frosting is too thick, add more powdered sugar if it’s too thin.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3-5 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- Bring ingredients to boil over medium high heat. Heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture thickens. I crush the raspberries with a spoon in the process to get a thicker consistency, but you could also leave them whole or in pieces if desired.
- Cut the cake and drizzle the raspberry sauce over the top. Happy Holidays on a plate!❤